Thursday, July 9, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun (or when your just really busy).

Hey there, so quick little anecdote - a couple days ago I was trying to hurry around town. I ran out of my apartment, down 117th street, into the subway, had my metro card in hand, went to swipe into the turn style and my metro card didn't work. Meaning.... my card had expired and I've been here for over a MONTH! Had it not been for the fact I had to buy new metro card, I probably would have completely forgotten. Many times I still feel like I'm completely lost and have just moved here. For now I am taking it one day at a time and the days are whizzing past! Jealous right? hahah jk

So I haven't written in a couple days but that's mostly because I've been CRAZY CRAZY BUSY!!!! Seriously, busy! my schedule is work for 6 or 7 hours, have a 2 hour break (during which I study), go to school for 7 hours, come home, try to sleep for 5 hours. Wake up and repeat. Today is actually the beginning of a short break for me : ) I have 2 days off from work... HOLLAH! Which gives me just enough time to study for my first exam on Monday.. Yikes

Sorry I feel like this blog is really scattered but I have a lot of random crap to tell about. But this is it for now... I passed my servsafe exam! Servsafe is a national exam for food handlers. I think most every manager has to be Servsafe certified and most chefs do to. It was a pretty easy, mostly about how to properly store, handle, process, heat, reheat, and cool food, how to cross contamination and how to clean a kitchen.

In perparation for the test we watched a lot of video's on food safetly, some really lame but a few pretty gross. Here is one to share... enjoy : )

No comments: