Saturday, July 4, 2009

Crazy for Thai

I love pad thai... that's the most important thing you need to know.

  • Vegetable with tofu
  • Extra peanuts
  • Medium plus spicy
Since coming to NYC I've been hesitant to eat out much and nervous to find a good, cheap thai restaurant that can fulfill my love of pad thai. However, yesterday I found the restaurant that will likely become my pad thai place, they serve an almost perfect pad thai dish.

I stumbled upon this restaurant by complete accident. I had intended to return some books to the library but the library was closed and didn't have a drop box. That failed. I was gonna try to study at a park near NYU but couldn't keep my mind focused. That failed. So I just started to wander around the area aimlessly. I walked by this restaurant and the ONLY reason I even gave it a second look was because it had something very very few restaurants in NYC have.... outdoor seating.

It's really very disappointing... all I want to do most of the time is get a good light meal outdoors, it's not that hard. But it just doesn't happen here for whatever reason. So anyway I see it, think "finally someone from michigan decided to open a restaurant with outdoor seating" and go look at the menu. I was happy to realize that yummm it's thai food and wow their pad thai is only $11 and because I was there before 7pm I get an extra 30% of my entire meal. No way was I gonna pass this by.

So I sat outside and had the most wonderful, simple pad thai.





It's amazing... the peanuts and spices were on the side and so were the sprouts! This has to make it so much easier on the patrons and chef. There is no guessing about how spicy, spicy is, just do it yourself. The presentation was beautiful, food delicious, portion was just right, waiter was really friendly and the price was excellent, including tip under $12. It was one of the best meals I've had in a while.

6 comments:

ZsingleINtheD said...

I am so jealous. I fricken love pad thai. LIKE LOVE ITTTTTTT. Glad to see you found a good place! xoxo

Henry Wilson said...

Good deal! Better than Bangkok? I like the fact that you can add the spice and peanuts at your own liking.

CHeeren said...

hahah thanks bro. that's way better then just "cool" or "awesome" which is what i was kinda expecting after our convo.
and yah wayyyy fucking better then bangkok but also a smaller portion.

SharonW said...

Good you spotted a spot to get nice food and sit outside. Enjoying the NYC summer while dining literally out. Keep the pix coming, my fav G.D.

Anonymous said...

you're also taking me here. i looooove thaaaaaai

Unknown said...

cool and awesome...ha!