Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sparlum

On a completely unrelated note, I just wanted to share a few random pictures of my apartment and neighborhood. So friends and family can have a better idea of exactly where it is I'm living.

This is my street, 117th, in East Harlem aka Sparlem.
The neighborhood is mostly 3 and 4 story apartment buildings. On every corner there is a bodega. The McDonald's by my house has a walk-up window instead of a drive through, an
d there are tons of street cart food vendors.

When I first moved in I spent a lot of time decorating. We don't have a lot of money or nice things so I've had to do the best I can. This is the east wall of our giant living room.

The north area of our living room, that's my new couch!


My tomato plant is HUGE! Its started climbing the cable lines. In a few months I'm gonna be eating yummy tomatoes.

This is our porch, it's pretty big. I spend most of my nights in that big red chair relaxing or talking on the phone. When the sky is clear I can see the big dipper. It's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet sofa!

ZsingleINtheD said...

I love it!!!!!!! When can I come out for a weekend? I'm poor as hell, but I really would LOVE to see you. Seriously.