Monday, June 8, 2009

A Working Woman

I got a job praise the lord!!!! I might actually make it in the city so please ignore any rumors you have heard to the contrary.

So here is the play by play:

Finding a job in NYC has proven to be just as easy as everyone says it is (it doesn't hurt that I'm absolutely god's gift to employers). I replying to about a gazillion adds on craig's list, all in vain but I went to my first interview and boom just like that I got a job.

The bakery is Le pain Quotidein at 801 Broadway. It's an organic bakery, just like Avalon, my old job in the D. So Hollahhh!!!
I'm gonna be working behind the counter, even though the bakery has a full menu and a wait staff. I have ZERO experience as a waitress so they hired me on as a counter person. Whateves I don't care. Money is green and it needs to be in my pocket.

I have my job orientation on Friday and then training every day next week. So I will start officially two weeks from today. The pay is pretty low but because it's a job in my desired career field i'm willing to take the financial hit for the time being.

I spent the afternoon roaming around 116th street between 2nd and Madison . Everyone in my neighborhood speaks Spanish and with my blond hair I stick out like a republican at a gay pride festival. But I love my neighborhood. I'm only slightly scared every time I leave my door step, (mostly because the step is pretty big and there is a good possibility I could trip).

Anyway that's all from the big apple. I have my orientation for the French Culinary Institute tomorrow : ) It's the first day of school but I still haven't picked out my outfit. I need to get on that ASAP!

1 comment:

M. said...

Yaaay! Keep up with this again, because I love reading your blog!